Nordic Homes



This blog is dedicated to Midcentury Modern and contemporary Nordic Design. So naturally I love it when I discover beautiful homes that combine these two styles :) Below you will see how chairs by designers like Arne Jacobsen, Charles & Ray Eames and Hans Wegner -- who designed their pieces halfway through the last century -- blend in so naturally with modern items. Like the Playtype poster in picture one and the modern style bare lightbulb in photo three. The fourth photo (by lovely interior blogger Lisbet E) combines IKEA effortlessly with the same Arne Jacobsen Ant Chair. The beautiful Eames Lounge Chair Wood is featured in the last photo, combined with very modern window shutters. I could live in these homes :)

I hope you all have a great weekend! I won't be posting for a while since I have my university thesis due next week and two hours after handing it in I will be in a plane to CopenhagenWhen I get back I'll let you in on the highlights of our trip. With any luck I'll get my own Playtype poster while I'm there. My parents love it when my boyfriend and I undertake trips so they can borrow our apartment and visit lovely Utrecht ;) 






1 | 2 | 3 | 45




Share your views...

0 Respones to "Nordic Homes"

Post a Comment

 

© 2010 Inspired Home Design Blog All Rights Reserved